Kurt Haegeman is the global chair of casino games real money no deposit McKenzie's Consumer Goods and Retail Industry Group and a partner in casino games real money no deposit McKenzie’s Brussels office. Kurt is also a member of the Firm's Global Cartel Task Force and European Competition Law Practice Group.
Kurt has extensive experience in advising CG&R clients and clients from other industry sectors on complex multijurisdictional antitrust matters, including antitrust investigations focusing on horizontal and vertical conduct, dawn raid defense and leniency strategy. Kurt assists CG&R clients regularly in the development, roll-out and policing of Europe-wide distribution systems, and has particular expertise in advising on selective distribution and ecommerce management. Kurt has been at the forefront of casino games real money no deposit McKenzie's efforts to support CG&R clients in their response to the pandemic.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents the Brands for Europe coalition of more than 20 global brand owners in connection with the European Commission’s review of the EU Vertical Restraints Block Exemption & Guidelines, and before in the context of the EU's e-commerce sector inquiry.
- Represents several consumer goods manufacturers in ongoing antitrust investigations into resale price maintenance, territorial and customer restraints, and online sales restrictions.
- Represented Pioneer in the European Commission's investigation concerning resale price maintenance and territorial restrictions, securing a 50% discount in the first EU settlement in a verticals case.
- Acted for a multinational FMCG supplier in the Belgian Competition Authority's first cartel settlement decision concerning the Belgian grocery sector.
- Represented Mitsubishi Electric in the settlement of the European Commission's cartel investigation in the car parts sector (alternators and starters).
- Represented an automotive parts supplier in the European Commission’s ongoing cartel investigations in the car parts sector, successfully securing the closure of the case.
- Advised Mitsubishi Electric on the European Commission's cartel investigation involving gas-insulated switchgear, and securing on appeal before the General Court complete annulment of the fine.
- Counseled Mitsubishi Electric on the European Commission's cartel investigation involving elevators and escalators, securing the lowest fine for the client.
- Acritas Star Lawyer 2018-2021
- Competition & Future Leaders, Who's Who Legal 2018-2021 (Competition & Future Leaders)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Non-Governmental Advisor (NGA) for DG Competition (European Commission) at the International Competition Network (ICN), 2019-2020
- Brussels~Belgium (1996)
- Cambridge University (LLM) (1996)
- University of Ghent (Licentiate) (1995)